[comp.unix.ultrix] lpd keeps printing the same file over and over -- HELP

kocks@jessica.stanford.edu (Peter Kocks) (04/09/91)

We had a perfectly functioning lpd filter to print files on our HP
when all of a sudden the lpd seemed to want to reprint the same file
over and over and over agian.

I heard this was a bug.  Does anyone know of a fix?

-- Peter Kocks
   kocks@chemistry.stanford.edu

P.S.  Ultrix 3.1

j1h9453@aim1.tamu.edu (Joel Huddleston) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr9.161710.29024@leland.Stanford.EDU> kocks@jessica.stanford.edu (Peter Kocks) writes:
>We had a perfectly functioning lpd filter to print files on our HP
>when all of a sudden the lpd seemed to want to reprint the same file
>over and over and over agian.
>
>I heard this was a bug.  Does anyone know of a fix?

I had this problem with an lpd filter that I got off of the net.

To fix it, I added exits to the code which would return the correct
status to the lpd.  The most important was the exit(0); at the very
end of both the input and output filters.

Joel Huddleston  eka j1h9453@zeus.tamu.edu
     Peace: Not just the absence of war but the absence of fear.
       War: Not just the absence of peace but the absence of cowardice.
Disclaimer: Not just the absence of blame but the absence of repsponsiblilty.