[comp.unix.ultrix] Ultrix 4.1 lost IP UUCP?

trost@reed.edu (04/18/91)

I'm working on bringing up UUCP on our new DECsystem 5500.  Before we
move our modems off our old machine, I want to try it out using TCP.
But, lo' and behold, there is no mention of TCP in the documentation
for L.sys.  Can anyone help with this?

vince@bcsaic.UUCP (Vince Skahan) (04/19/91)

In article <m0jTKns-0003u8C@reed.edu> trost@reed.edu writes:
>I'm working on bringing up UUCP on our new DECsystem 5500.  Before we
>move our modems off our old machine, I want to try it out using TCP.
>But, lo' and behold, there is no mention of TCP in the documentation
>for L.sys.  Can anyone help with this?

that's because it doesn't support it (waaaaaahhhh....) according
to the docs and any looking around I did a while back

anyone know about ultrix 4.2 or find a PD uucp that DOES support it?

--
                         Vince Skahan
 vince@atc.boeing.com                  ...uw-beaver!bcsaic!vince

(ensure your child's future... fire and prosecute striking teachers !)