[comp.unix.ultrix] Ultrix v4.1 and DECnet

murray@motto.UUCP (Murray S. Kucherawy) (04/25/91)

We just got Ultrix v4.1, with a whole new set of manuals, but there are
no new DECnet manuals.  Did DEC forget, or does it have to be ordered
separately, or does Ultrix v4.1 not support DECnet anymore?

=============================== Murray S. Kucherawy ==========================
Motorola Canada, Ltd.     Communications Division, Toronto      [on work term]
University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada               2B Math/Computer Science
Internet: murray@motto.UUCP (work)       mskucherawy@watmath.UWaterloo.ca (UW)
UUCP:     uunet!utai!lsuc!motto!murray   uunet!watmath!mskucherawy

thomas@mipsbx.lkg.dec.com (Matt Thomas) (04/28/91)

In article <86@motto.UUCP> murray@motto.UUCP (Murray S. Kucherawy) writes:
>We just got Ultrix v4.1, with a whole new set of manuals, but there are
>no new DECnet manuals.  Did DEC forget, or does it have to be ordered
>separately, or does Ultrix v4.1 not support DECnet anymore?

Because there are no new DECnet manuals.  DECnet-ULTRIX V4.0 and V4.2 uses
the same manuals (DECnet-ULTRIX V4.2 is a maintainence release -- no new
functionality, just lots of bug fixes (PLUS unsupported ability to run over
the DEFZA (FDDI) adapter)).

DECnet-ULTRIX V4.0 runs on either ULTRIX V4.0 and (after creating the right
lock files) V4.1 and V4.2.  V4.2 works on ULTRIX V4.2 (of course), it should
work on V4.1 but we haven't tested it.
Matt Thomas                     Internet:   thomas@pa.dec.com
DECnet-ULTRIX Development       UUCP:       ...!decwrl!thomas
Digital Equipment Corporation   Disclaimer: This message reflects my own
Littleton, MA                               warped views, etc.