[comp.unix.ultrix] Monitor program on a DecSystem 5500

mostler@omega.sim.es.com (Mike Ostler) (06/01/91)

I am trying to monitor the performance on my DECSYSTEM 5500 using the public
domain program MONITOR.  It works fine on my DecStation 5000/200 px but
when I attempt to run it on the DECSYSTEM 5500  I get the error message
monitor: read_kermal: Can't read from /dev/kmem: Bad Address.  Does
anyone know where to modify this in the source.

			Thanks,
				Mike

alan@shodha.enet.dec.com ( Alan's Home for Wayward Notes File.) (06/01/91)

	I'll mail a response directly to the author, but this
	is a note of general interest.  Monitor V1.3 can be
	compiled on ULTRIX V3.0, V3.1, some V3.1{letter},
	V4.0, V4.1, and V4.2 and work correctly.  But, you
	have to have to a different binary for each one.  If
	the DECsystem 5500 is running ULTRIX V4.1 and the
	DECstation 5000-200 is running V4.2, then you need
	one for each.

In article <1991May31.172404.21206@javelin.sim.es.com>, mostler@omega.sim.es.com (Mike Ostler) writes:
> I am trying to monitor the performance on my DECSYSTEM 5500 using the public
> domain program MONITOR.  It works fine on my DecStation 5000/200 px but
> when I attempt to run it on the DECSYSTEM 5500  I get the error message
> monitor: read_kermal: Can't read from /dev/kmem: Bad Address.  Does
> anyone know where to modify this in the source.

	That said, what versions of ULTRIX are running on each
	system?

--
Alan Rollow				alan@nabeth.cxn.dec.com