[comp.unix.ultrix] Virtual Memory Limit

marler@cse.uta.edu (T. Gordon Marler) (06/04/91)

In Ultrix V4.0, is there an imposed upper limit on the amount of virtual
memory available to a single process other than the amount of disk
space?  And has this limit been changed for versions 4.1 and 4.2?

--
-----
Somewhere there's danger, Somewhere there's injustice,

alan@shodha.enet.dec.com ( Alan's Home for Wayward Notes File.) (06/04/91)

In article <1991Jun4.070212.10006@cse.uta.edu>, marler@cse.uta.edu (T. Gordon Marler) writes:
> In Ultrix V4.0, is there an imposed upper limit on the amount of virtual
> memory available to a single process other than the amount of disk
> space?

	Yes.  They can be set in the configuration file:

		maxtsiz - Text size
		maxdsiz - Data size
		maxssiz - Stack size

	The default values may differ between VAX and RISC systems.
	See the "Guide to System Configuration Maintainence" for
	more information.

> And has this limit been changed for versions 4.1 and 4.2?

	I don't think so.
--
Alan Rollow				alan@nabeth.cxn.dec.com