[comp.unix.ultrix] SoftPC

STRCC@CUNYVM.BITNET (Stuart Cohnen) (06/06/91)

I am looking for someone else who has SoftPC.  It looks real lousy
on in the window it creates, with alot of snow in it. Any one else
see this, have a solution etc...?
Thanks in advance,
Stuart Cohnen  (STRCC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU)
p/s- Ultrix 4.1 on a Monochrom 2100 w/16Mbytes and SoftPC V2.0

santiago@lerad.pa.dec.com (Ed Santiago) (06/06/91)

STRCC@CUNYVM.BITNET (Stuart Cohnen) writes:
>I am looking for someone else who has SoftPC.  It looks real lousy
>on in the window it creates, with alot of snow in it. Any one else
>see this, have a solution etc...?
Did you set your font path to include the SoftPC fonts?  If the characters
don't look like "real" PC characters (big, bulky & ugly) that's probably
the problem.  You need to do:

	% xset fp+ /usr/lib/X11/fonts/apps/75dpi

preferably in your .Xinit file or whatever you use on X logins.  Actually,
I just remembered another problem, you may need to do this:

	% su
	# mkfontdir /usr/lib/X11/fonts/apps/75dpi

but that's a one-time-only thing.

^E
Ed Santiago                                      santiago@decwrl.dec.com
DEC Workstations Systems Engineering             ..!decwrl!santiago