[comp.unix.ultrix] Ultrix 4.2 Upgrade on CD Rom?

stevef@bony1.bony.com (Steve Faiwiszewski) (06/04/91)

I just received the 4.2 upgrade on 4 TK50's.  Does anybody know if
it's also available on CD Rom?  The idea of upgrading off these slow
tapes is an unsavory one.

                Thanks,
                        - Steve -
Internet: stevef@bony1.bony.COM  |          The Bank Of New York
                                 |          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bang : uunet!bony1!stevef        |        Reality is Nobody's Dream

ajc@thendara.pa.dec.com (AJ Casamento) (06/04/91)

	Steve Faiwiszewski writes:

	>> I just reveived the 4.2 upgrade on 4 TK50's. Does anybody know if
	>> it's also available on CD Rom?

   The answer is yes. My DECdirect catalog shows the part #

	 QA-VV1AA-H8/CBB	Ultrix Workstation (RISC) Software, CDROM

   for it. You'll find it a much faster/simpler installation (at least I do).

   Apologies to Fred Avolio for my posting on the shipment of Ultrix v4.2 with
   the suggestion to check on delivery. I was referring to the gentleman who
   had posted since Mike seemed to have a dire need for the v4.2 release. I did
   not mean to imply that the release was late. Nor that it was an Update as
   opposed to a normal release. In the lab here it get's to be a habit to think
   about updating one's workstations to the current releases (FT or otherwise).
   It was just a slip of the fingers.

				Thanx,
				  AJ

      * AJ Casamento			"The question is not whether or    *
      * Digital's TRI/ADD Program	 not the opinions are mine; but    *
      * 100 Hamilton Ave. UCO1-B	 rather, which of my personalities *
      * Palo Alto, CA 94301-1616	 do they belong to?"		   *
      * 415.853.6744							   *
      * ajc@decwrl.dec.com						   *

hoang1@litwin.com (Ted Hoang) (06/07/91)

stevef@bony1.bony.com (Steve Faiwiszewski) writes:

>I just received the 4.2 upgrade on 4 TK50's.  Does anybody know if
>it's also available on CD Rom?  The idea of upgrading off these slow
>tapes is an unsavory one.

>                Thanks,
>                        - Steve -
>--
>Internet: stevef@bony1.bony.COM  |          The Bank Of New York
>bang : uunet!bony1!stevef        |        Reality is Nobody's Dream

I got Ultrix 4.2 in CD Rom yesterday June 06
Ted Hoang
Litwin Process Automation