[comp.unix.ultrix] Installation instructions for ULTRIX 4.2

kerm@garfield.ncat.edu (Cary Burnette) (06/08/91)

Hello:

  I was wondering if anyone who has received their 4.2
tapes, also received installation instructions ? We
received our tapes,release notes and SPD, but no
installation instruction. The release notes mention
a document called " Guide to installing ULTRIX", but
we don't have it. I really just need the descriptions
of the software subsets, there seems to be some reorginization
of the subsets this time. The release notes have the sizes,
but no descriptions.

Just wondering.

Cary

|                                               |                          |
| Cary E. Burnette         kerm@linus.ncat.edu  |   Dept. Of Elect. Eng.   |
|                                               |   McNair Hall            |
| Research Associate                            |   N.C. A&T State Univ.   |
| Laboratory for Communications, Signal         |   Greensboro, NC   27411 |
|    Processing and ASIC Design   (CSA)         |   (919) 334-7760         |
|                                               |                          |
|_______________________________________________|__________________________|

In article <1991Jun7.234826.13089@garfield.ncat.edu> kerm@garfield.ncat.edu (Cary Burnette) writes:

> Hello:
>
>   I was wondering if anyone who has received their 4.2
> tapes, also received installation instructions ? We
> received our tapes,release notes and SPD, but no
> installation instruction. The release notes mention
> a document called " Guide to installing ULTRIX", but
> we don't have it. I really just need the descriptions
> of the software subsets, there seems to be some reorginization
> of the subsets this time. The release notes have the sizes,
> but no descriptions.

You should ought to have a document by the name you mention,
Part No: AA-PBL0C-TE.  It's one of those 8.5x11 grey bound
books.

The subset division isn't that much different than before -
a few thing have moved and some, particularly the man pages
have been split into run-time and programming subsets.

I don't really care if the documents come in small or large
format, but I wish they'd all have 3-hole punching so they
can be organized instead of wandering off!