[comp.unix.ultrix] cross compiler

lh@bu-pub.bu.edu (Louis Hatzis) (06/12/91)

I need a cross compiler, to compile VAX programs on a MIPS machine
Does anyone have something  like this ?

Thanks -lh

In article <83658@bu.edu> lh@bu-pub.bu.edu (Louis Hatzis) writes:
> I need a cross compiler, to compile VAX programs on a MIPS machine
> Does anyone have something  like this ?

You can do this with gcc with only a moderate amount of pain.
Remember unless you are only doing syntax checking, you also
need an assembler and loader.  gcc/gas/gld should do the trick
in case the mips equivalents are less than cooperative.

yzarn@lhdsy1.chevron.com (Philip Yzarn de Louraille) (06/15/91)

In article <83658@bu.edu> lh@bu-pub.bu.edu (Louis Hatzis) writes:
>I need a cross compiler, to compile VAX programs on a MIPS machine
>Does anyone have something  like this ?
What do you mean with "VAX programs"? Fortran programs, C programs, or
any other programming languages? If so, then, if the programs were well
written, just obtain the right compiler.
If you mean VAX shell scripts, I doubt that there exists cross compilers
for those. But who knows?
--
  Philip Yzarn de Louraille                 Internet: yzarn@chevron.com
  Research Support Division                 Unix & Open Systems