[comp.unix.ultrix] Curses on Ultrix 4.0

jhagen@talos.npri.com (Jarom Hagen) (05/10/91)

I would like to know if anyone has been able to get line drawing to work
in curses.  ACS_VLINE and ACS_HLINE are undefined here.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks,

Jarom
  *Not paid for and/or endorsed by National Political Resources Incorporated.
		                   602 Cameron St, Alexandria VA 22314
  (UUCP: ...uunet!uupsi!npri6!jhagen)

jhagen@talos.npri.com (Jarom Hagen) (06/19/91)

I am trying to port software that runs on System V 3.2 to Ultrix 4.0.
I am having several problems with curses.

1.  No support for graphics characters.

2.  The routine getch() is *sometimes* returning different characters than
    the ones I type in.  For example, the 9 may return $ when typed, the 1
    may return ' ' when typed.  This only happens in the software ported
    from system V.  (It runs fine on three different System V machines)
    I pulled out the module that reads characters and made a little test
    program that just initialized curses and called the read module.
    That works fine.  I would like to know what is going on here!

3.  I sometimes get left in a funny state when the program exits.  For
    instance, echo may be turned off or the scrolling region may be set
    to only a few lines.

Here is how curses is setup:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <cursesX.h>

main()
{

	initscr();
	cbreak();
	echo();
	nl();
	intrflush(stdscr, 0);
	keypad(stdscr, 1);
	scrollok(stdscr, 1);
	clearok(stdscr, 1);
	noecho();

	terrd(&inputd, &inpwid);  /* terrd eventually calls getch() */

	endwin();

}

Any pointers would be appreciated.

In article <2447@talos.npri.com> jhagen@talos.npri.com (Jarom Hagen) writes:
> I am trying to port software that runs on System V 3.2 to Ultrix 4.0.
> I am having several problems with curses.

Ultrix curses has been screwed up for a long time.  I think there are
some improvments in 4.2 - I'd use that for a base, then SPR them to
death...