[comp.unix.ultrix] DDCMP line-to-line thru tta0 on MV2000 running Ultrix 4.2

mojo@polari.UUCP (jim moore) (06/27/91)

Greetings!
I am hoping to find someone who can answer my question concerning
point-to-point DDCMP communications thru serial port tta0. I am
attempting to do this between a 3100 running VMS and a MV2000
running Ultrix 4.2.
The VMS node easily accomplishes this , but have had difficulty
finding the proper config for the Ultrix node.

The docs say that DECNET/Ultrix requires a DMV11 or Thin-Net Ethernet
device to implement DDCMP point-to-point connection.
I am hoping that someone can tell me how to set up a tty pseudo-device
as a block device and use 'ncp' to open a line for DDCMP comms.

So far , have been unable to find the Ultrix driver to do this
thru a direct serial port connect.

Anybody out there pulled this  off?

Thanks in advance,
Mojo
:

murphy@burfle.dco.dec.com (Rick Murphy) (06/28/91)

In article <4585@polari.UUCP> mojo@polari.UUCP (jim moore) writes:

>Greetings!
>I am hoping to find someone who can answer my question concerning
>point-to-point DDCMP communications thru serial port tta0. I am
>attempting to do this between a 3100 running VMS and a MV2000
>running Ultrix 4.2.

DECnet-ULTRIX does not have an asynchronous DDCMP driver - that is, there
is NO software on the ULTRIX side that will talk to the VMS serial port.
Sorry to say, but there's no way to make this work without very significant
effort.
	-Rick

--
Rick Murphy, WA1SPT/4			DEC Washington ULTRIX Resource Center
Domain:  murphy@burfle.dco.dec.com -or- murphy@ufp.enet.dec.com