[comp.unix.ultrix] High Sierra filesystems

eckman@asdsun.larc.nasa.gov (Richard Eckman) (06/29/91)

Not sure if this is the right newsgroup for the question but...
  We have several CD-ROM data disks that are written in the
high sierra filesystem format.  It appears that DEC doesn't support
this format (unlike, say, SUN) as a recognizable fs for mounting
on an ultrix system.  Is there any way (3rd party software or
whatever?) to allow high sierra filesystems to be read on a DECstation?

Richard Eckman
NASA/Langley

eckman@dobson.larc.nasa.gov

jg@crl.dec.com (Jim Gettys) (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun28.183350.9235@news.larc.nasa.gov>, eckman@asdsun.larc.nasa.gov (Richard Eckman) writes:
> Not sure if this is the right newsgroup for the question but...
>   We have several CD-ROM data disks that are written in the
> high sierra filesystem format.  It appears that DEC doesn't support
> this format (unlike, say, SUN) as a recognizable fs for mounting
> on an ultrix system.  Is there any way (3rd party software or
> whatever?) to allow high sierra filesystems to be read on a DECstation?

Ultrix 4.2 comes with full native ISO 9660 support.  Just configure your
kernel to include it, and away you go...
				- Jim Gettys