[comp.unix.ultrix] printcap "fs"/"xs" entry for ln03r 8/1/none ?

rds95@leah.albany.edu (Robert Seals) (06/27/91)

Hello,
We have an LN03R connected to a microvax 2 via dhv11.
When running Ultrix 2.2, the printer was set to
7 data, even parity, and the "fs" entry in printcap
was 06320. This is no longer appropriate, apparently,
since updating to Ultrix 4.2, cuz it don't work no more.
We tried all kinds of things to get it going, but
the only thing that produced ANY output was switching the
printer to 8 data no parity. And while this does produce
some stuff, it seems that the printer buffer overflows
(no xon xoff, eh?) after a couple pages have gone out.
The serial line just has pins 2, 3, and 7. Is there
some common wisdom on this problem? Can anyone provide
the 'proper' combination of fs/xs entries and LN03R
switch setting to make it work right?

thank you very much,
rob
"Unix has its weak points, but its file system is not one of them." -Chris Torek
	  rob rob@dinner.asrc.albany.edu or rds95@leah.albany.edu
		I have no idea what the uucp path to me is.

weis@netmbx.UUCP (Dietmar Weis) (06/30/91)

rds95@leah.albany.edu (Robert Seals) writes:

>Hello,
>We have an LN03R connected to a microvax 2 via dhv11.
>The serial line just has pins 2, 3, and 7. Is there
>some common wisdom on this problem? Can anyone provide
>the 'proper' combination of fs/xs entries and LN03R
>switch setting to make it work right?

Use "lprsetup" as it has built in the correct entries for DEC printers.
Every entry has even an informational help text via the "?" key.
Good entries are fs#023 or fs#03 and xs#044000.

>thank you very much,
>rob

Dietmar
--
weis@netmbx.UUCP         | Dietmar Weis         DONOP CONSULT GmbH
Voice: 030/884 28 54-0   |                      Uhlandstrasse 179/180