[net.micro] NEC's V20 microprocessor

sambo@ukma.UUCP (Father of micro-ln) (09/06/85)

Does anyone know if this chip is available anywhere at a rated speed of 8 MHz?
I would like to use it in the Zenith Z-158 I am about to order.  Also, how
could I obtain a data sheet on this chip?
--
Samuel A. Figueroa, Dept. of CS, Univ. of KY, Lexington, KY  40506-0027
ARPA: ukma!sambo<@ANL-MCS>, or sambo%ukma.uucp@anl-mcs.arpa,

	"Micro-ln is great, if only people would start using it."

lotto@talcott.UUCP (Jerry Lotto) (09/06/85)

In article <2138@ukma.UUCP>, sambo@ukma.UUCP (Father of micro-ln) writes:
> Does anyone know if this chip is available anywhere at a rated speed of 8 MHz
> ... data sheets.

I phoned NEC (seemed like the simplest solution).
Part numbers were uPD70108D5 and 8 (I may have transposed a number or two).
Prices were $15 and change for 5 MHz and $17 and change for 8 MHz in
quantities 1-24. In stock, data sheets are available.
--

Gerald Lotto - Harvard Chemistry Dept.

 UUCP:  {seismo,harpo,ihnp4,linus,allegra,ut-sally}!harvard!lhasa!lotto
 ARPA:  lotto@harvard.EDU
 CSNET: lotto%harvard@csnet-relay

sambo@ukma.UUCP (Father of micro-ln) (09/16/85)

This is a message to talcott!lotto.  My attempt to send him mail privately
didn't work.  Sorry for posting this onto the net.

To: talcott!lotto

What is NEC's phone number, and how can I order the 8 MHz version?  Someone
said he knows someone who bought the 8 MHz version, and had all kinds of
trouble with it.  He didn't know the exact nature of the problem.  Do you know
anything about this?

Thanks.