[comp.sys.encore] Annex <-> printer problems

Chris_Ritson@newcastle.ac.UK (Chris Ritson) (05/18/88)

> In article <22651@bu-cs.BU.EDU>, eap@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Eric A. Pearce) writes:
> > ...  The annex will get progressively
> > slower ( taking a couple seconds to get the annex: prompt back after
> > hitting return ).  Re-booting the annex will bring it back up to speed.
> > Is this a known problem? Does anybody have their equipment set up in
> > the same way?  We are going to try a serial interface off a dedicated
> > annex terminal port next.

We have experienced similar problems.  Please keep us informed of your
findings.   We  run  Umax4.2 version 3.1.0, Annex version R3.0 and use
two parallel printers.
--
Chris Ritson

JANET: Chris_Ritson@uk.ac.newcastle                  PHONE: +44 91 232 9233
UUCP : ...!ukc!newcastle.ac.uk!Chris_Ritson
ARPA : Chris_Ritson%newcastle.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
SNAIL: Computing Laboratory, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, NE1 7RU