[comp.sys.encore] network dumps

como@bnl-max (Andrew T. Como) (02/28/89)

	I have been testing network dumping using an exabyte onto
a Sun 3/50.

I have recently became aware of a problem with "Umax 4.2"

	I am using the following dump command

	"rdump 0uNbdsf 1 126 54000 6000 tapehost:/dev/rst1 filesystem"

Things appear to work well until I try to get a restore listing using:

	"rrestore tf tapehost:/dev/rst1 "

read: I/O error

 Tape read error while trying to set up tape
 continue? [yn]

	Is there anyone out there that has been successful dumping
a "multimax" across the network into an exabyte?

	Can you please get back to me......Thanks in advance

		como@bnlux0.bnl.gov
BITNET:		como@bnlux0.BITNET
UUCP:		....philabs!sbcs!bnl!como

From: como@bnl-max (Andrew T. Como)