[comp.sys.encore] Disabling attn_char on Annex

lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) (04/04/89)

Does anyone know how to completely disable the attn_char on an
Annex II terminal server? The documentation seems to imply that
it can be done, but doesn't indicate how.

[ We need this disabled to allow uucp 'g' protocol to work. If
  you know of another solution that will allow us to run 'g'
  (that's right, g. Not f, not e, not x, but g) protocol I
  would be interested in hearing from you. ]

Lyndon Nerenberg  Computing Services  Athabasca University
{alberta,attvcr,ncc}!atha!lyndon

sue@calliope.Encore.COM (Sue LoVerso) (04/05/89)

In article <10633@ncc.Nexus.CA> lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
>Does anyone know how to completely disable the attn_char on an
>Annex II terminal server?

At your annex prompt:  stty attn u
(for undefined)

Susan J. LoVerso			Encore Computer Corp.
sue@encore.com				Marlboro, MA
{decvax, talcott, bu-cs}!encore!sue	(508) 460 - 0500

loverso@Xylogics.COM (John Robert LoVerso) (04/05/89)

In article <10633@ncc.Nexus.CA> lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
> Does anyone know how to completely disable the attn_char on an
> Annex II terminal server?

If you have the option, just unset the attention character on that
port using "na"; i.e., just "set po=XX attn_char ^@" (thats two characters,

Or, use the CLI stty command; from a UUCP chat script, this would look
something like:
	(expect) (send)
	annex:   stty\sattn\s""
You'll need to have a reasonable UUCP that supports sending a space
(as in \s).  Anything post-4.2 ought to do.

--
John Robert LoVerso			Xylogics, Inc.  617/272-8140
loverso%Xylogics.COM@Encore.COM		Annex Terminal Server Development Group