[comp.sys.encore] GNU Emacs for Encore SysV

eap@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Eric A. Pearce) (07/28/89)

  Does such a version exist ?  If so, where can I get it?

  -e

 Eric Pearce eap@bu-it.bu.edu
 Boston University Information Technology
 111 Cummington Street
 Boston MA 02215
 617-353-2780 voice  617-353-6260 fax

alan@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Alan Crosswell) (07/28/89)

In article <35401@bu-cs.BU.EDU> eap@bu-it.bu.edu (Eric A. Pearce) writes:

>  Does such a version exist ?  If so, where can I get it?
>
>  -e
>
>--
> Eric Pearce eap@bu-it.bu.edu
> Boston University Information Technology
> 111 Cummington Street
> Boston MA 02215
> 617-353-2780 voice  617-353-6260 fax

It's on the Encore "public domain" tape that you can request be sent
to you by their customer support folks.  I thought it also came with
UMAX V (/usr/lbin/gnu-emacs), but if you don't have it, apparently not.

Of course, you can build it from the usual GNU distribution as well....

/a

eap@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Eric Pearce) (07/31/89)

In article <1732@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu> alan@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Alan Crosswell) says:
>In article <35401@bu-cs.BU.EDU> eap@bu-it.bu.edu (Eric A. Pearce) writes:
>>
>>  Does such a version exist ?  If so, where can I get it?
>>  -e
>
>It's on the Encore "public domain" tape that you can request be sent
>to you by their customer support folks.  I thought it also came with
>UMAX V (/usr/lbin/gnu-emacs), but if you don't have it, apparently not.
>
>Of course, you can build it from the usual GNU distribution as well....
>
>/a

  The reply I got from the Encore people was that they just compiled it
  on a BSD machine and put the binaries on the "unsupported" tape.
  It is a rather old version ( 17.63 ) and some parts of it don't
  work or are missing, such as "loadst".

  What I am looking for is source that will compile under UMAX V.

 (The people who want this use SysV since their particular application
  is available only under that OS, in case you were wondering ...)