[comp.sys.encore] LAT protocol

como@max.bnl.gov (Andrew T. Como) (03/22/90)

	Local Area Transport server (LAT) control program

	We currently have a significant number of users that are
using terminal servers with "LAT" protocol.  Unfortunately Encore
does not support "LAT" and we are looking for a vendor or another
site that may have it installed.

	The annex terminal servers do not exist in these buildings
so we probably need a third party piece of software.

	Appreciate any help OR advice on this issue.

		Andrew Como  INTERNET: como@bnl.gov
			     BITNET:   como@bnlux0.BITNET
			     UUCP:     ...philabs!sbcs!bnl!como
				   or  bnlux0!como@uunet.uu.net

wytze@gouldnl.encore.nl (Wytze van der Raay) (03/23/90)

In article <1735@bnlux0.bnl.gov> como@max.bnl.gov (Andrew T. Como) writes:
>	Local Area Transport server (LAT) control program
>
>	We currently have a significant number of users that are
>using terminal servers with "LAT" protocol.  Unfortunately Encore
>does not support "LAT" and we are looking for a vendor or another
>site that may have it installed.

Encore is planning to release a DECnet / LAT product for UMAX V
sometime this year. Contact your Encore sales representative for
further information.
If you are running UMAX 4.2 or 4.3, this won't of much help though.
--
| Wytze van der Raay                                  wraay@encore.nl |
| Encore Unix Centre Europe (EUCE)          ...!hp4nl!encore.nl!wraay |