[comp.sys.encore] Annex II terminal server and printing

ang@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Michael Ang) (07/13/90)

Does anyone have experiences working on Encore Annex II terminal server?
I have some questions with connecting the printer to the Annex II parallel
printer port.  We have a Sun 3/280, we are using two Annex II as our terminal
server.  Our printer is  connected to one of the Annex II parallel printer
port. Obviously, I will not be able to use lpr on the Sun to print.

The question is :
       How do I route the print job from the Sun to the Annex printer port
       and have it printed?   The Annex comes with a program called "aprint",
       unfortunately aprint does not print out the header. I wonder if
       any of you have encounter problems that are similar to this.

Please suggest a solutions.  Thank you.

Michael

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (07/30/90)

In article <1990Jul12.210959.22456@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca>, ang@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Michael Ang) writes:

> Does anyone have experiences working on Encore Annex II terminal server?

> The question is :
>        How do I route the print job from the Sun to the Annex printer port
>        and have it printed?   The Annex comes with a program called "aprint",
>        unfortunately aprint does not print out the header. I wonder if
>        any of you have encounter problems that are similar to this.

Create a small shell script that you install as an of filter in /etc/printcap.
The script should start the real filter program and pipe its output to
aprint.

--
Robert Claeson                  |Reasonable mailers: rclaeson@erbe.se
ERBE DATA AB                    |      Dumb mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se@sunet.se
                                |  Perverse mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se@encore.com
These opinions reflect my personal views and not those of my employer (ask him).