[comp.sys.encore] WordPerfect under Umax 4.x ??

composer@chem.bu.edu (Jeff Kellem) (09/11/90)

An Encore Multimax running Umax V 2.2h that is under my administrative domain
has WordPerfect running on it.  I happen to prefer the BSD-based Umax OS and
was wondering if anyone had WordPerfect under Umax 4.x.  WordPerfect is the
only reason the machine is running Umax V.  If someone (maybe at Encore) had
it running under Umax 4.x (or Mach), that would make a switch to Umax 4.x
easier.

Thanks for any pointers!

			-jeff

p.s. *I* don't use WordPerfect; but, I do have to support it since it was here
before I moved into this position.

Jeff Kellem
Internet: composer@chem.bu.edu

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (09/11/90)

In a recent article composer@chem.bu.edu writes:

>An Encore Multimax running Umax V 2.2h that is under my administrative domain
>has WordPerfect running on it.  I happen to prefer the BSD-based Umax OS and
>was wondering if anyone had WordPerfect under Umax 4.x.  WordPerfect is the
>only reason the machine is running Umax V.  If someone (maybe at Encore) had
>it running under Umax 4.x (or Mach), that would make a switch to Umax 4.x
>easier.

Since WP Corp. don't have WordPerfect available on any BSD platform,
I somehow doubt it. SunOS and Ultrix doesn't count, since they are
changed enough from BSD 4.2 to be considered UNIX derivatives of
their own. Besides, WordPerfect relies on the System V compatibility
in those o/s'es.

--
Robert Claeson                  |Reasonable mailers: rclaeson@erbe.se
ERBE DATA AB                    |      Dumb mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se@sunet.se
                                |  Perverse mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se@encore.com
These opinions reflect my personal views and not those of my employer (ask him).