[comp.sys.encore] X configuration file for an Encore multimax?

phil@eecs.nwu.edu (William LeFebvre) (09/27/90)

Forgive me if this has been mentioned recently...I don't normally
have the time to slog through all the postings on comp.windows.x.

I would like to make X clients for our multimax so that our Sun X
users can run X processes on the multimax.  In the near future, I
will likely have the multimax supporting some X terminals through
xdm.  Does someone out there have a comfiguration file ready to go
for the X11R4 sources?  Any additional help would be appreciated.

		William LeFebvre
		Computing Facilities Manager and Analyst
		Northwestern University
		<phil@eecs.nwu.edu>

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (09/28/90)

In a recent article phil@eecs.nwu.edu (William LeFebvre) writes:

>I would like to make X clients for our multimax so that our Sun X
>users can run X processes on the multimax.  In the near future, I
>will likely have the multimax supporting some X terminals through
>xdm.  Does someone out there have a comfiguration file ready to go
>for the X11R4 sources?  Any additional help would be appreciated.

What operating system are you talking about? There are different
configuration files for UMAX V, UMAX 4.3 and Mach.

--
Robert Claeson                  |Reasonable mailers: rclaeson@erbe.se
ERBE DATA AB                    |      Dumb mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se@sunet.se
                                |  Perverse mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se@encore.com
These opinions reflect my personal views and not those of my employer.

rhealey@ub.d.umn.edu (Rob Healey) (09/30/90)

In article <206@casbah.acns.nwu.edu> phil@eecs.nwu.edu (William LeFebvre) writes:
>I would like to make X clients for our multimax so that our Sun X
>users can run X processes on the multimax.  In the near future, I
>will likely have the multimax supporting some X terminals through
>xdm.  Does someone out there have a comfiguration file ready to go
>for the X11R4 sources?  Any additional help would be appreciated.

	Try the following. Works for Umax 4.2, probably will work for
	Umax 4.3. I won't garantee(sp) it will work for you. Works
	for my previous employer. Posting this as a favor to the group.
	Standard disclaimers apply, this is me doing the posting and not
	the U of M, Duluth. Use the below at your own risk...

		-Rob Healey

		rhealey@digibd.com

p.s.
	Haven't delt with this in months so I forget exactly where the
	cf file is hooked into the scheme of things and what Umax
	unique define triggers it's inclution. I do know the file
	belongs in X11/mit/config/umax.cf. This is an R4 file, don't
	know if it would work with R3.

		GOOD LUCK!
------------------------------ umax.cf ---------------------------------
/*
 * SET VERSION NUMBERS BEFORE MAKING MAKEFILES
 */

#define OSName            4.3bsd
#define OSMajorVersion    4
#define OSMinorVersion    3

/* #define HasGcc YES */	/* very useful for the server */

#ifdef VaxArchitecture
#define XqvssServer Xqvss
/* #define XqdssServer Xqdss */
#define HasSaberC YES
#endif

#define HasVoidSignalReturn NO

/**/# platform:  $XConsortium: bsd.cf,v 1.8 89/12/23 14:19:17 jim Exp $
/**/# operating system:  OSName

/*****************************************************************************
 *			  Platform-specfic parameters                        *
 *****************************************************************************/

#ifdef VaxArchitecture
#define UnalignedReferencesAllowed YES	       /* if arbitrary deref is okay */
#endif

#if OSMajorVersion >= 4 && OSMinorVersion >= 3
#define SetTtyGroup YES
#endif

#define HasBsearch NO

#define BuildServer NO

#define ExtensionDefines -DSHAPE -DMULTIBUFFER -DMITMISC

#define UsrLibDir $(DESTDIR)/usr/lib/X11
#define LibDir /usr/lib/X11

#define StripInstalledPrograms YES