[comp.sys.encore] NFS Benchmark programs

djb@UX.ACS.UMN.EDU (09/27/90)

I need a program that will measure NFS performance on a number of
systems.  Are there any NFS benchmark programs available?

boykin@encore.com (Joseph Boykin) (09/28/90)

In article <9009262204.AA06255@ub.d.umn.edu>, djb@UX.ACS.UMN.EDU writes:
> I need a program that will measure NFS performance on a number of
> systems.  Are there any NFS benchmark programs available?

There is a program called "nfsstones" which was described in a recent
Usenix conference which does measure NFS performance.

The work was done here at Encore Computer.  We keep the paper and
code in our public ftp directory.  Feel free to use anonymous FTP
to encore.com (129.91.3.14) to pick it up.

----

Joseph Boykin
Manager, Mach OS Development
Encore Computer Corp
Treasurer, IEEE Computer Society

Internet: boykin@encore.com
Phone: 508-460-0500 x2720

ndoduc@framentec.fr (Nhuan Doduc) (10/02/90)

In <9009262204.AA06255@ub.d.umn.edu> djb@UX.ACS.UMN.EDU writes:

>I need a program that will measure NFS performance on a number of
>systems.  Are there any NFS benchmark programs available?

nHfstone (H to be coherent with the TRADITION) is the most practical

--nh
Nhuan DODUC,
Framentec-Cognitech, Paris, France, ndoduc@framentec.fr or ndoduc@cognitech.fr,
Association Francaise des Utilisateurs d'Unix, France, doduc@afuu.fr