[comp.sys.encore] SPSS-X support on Multimax running UMAX

cheever@sumax.UUCP (Richard L. Cheever) (10/05/90)

We have heard that SPSS Corp is considering withdrawing support for their
product, "SPSS-X", from the Multimax computer running UMAX.  Recently, we
have had unacceptable support from them on this software.  How many Max
users out there have SPSS-X running??  How has your support been??
Are we the only ones using it??

 Richard L. Cheever     cheever@seattleu.edu       (206) 296 5550
 Seattle University, CIS 6th Floor Engineering, Seattle WA  98112-4466

 "Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be, and
 if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic!"
     -- Lewis Carroll

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (10/06/90)

In a recent article cheever@sumax.UUCP (Richard L. Cheever) writes:

>We have heard that SPSS Corp is considering withdrawing support for their
>product, "SPSS-X", from the Multimax computer running UMAX.  Recently, we
>have had unacceptable support from them on this software.  How many Max
>users out there have SPSS-X running??

We have one copy for demo purposes, running under UMAX V (it is compiled
under UMAX 4.2, but since UMAX V is binary compatible with UMAX 4.2...).
One of our customers is also running SPSS-X on their MM510 with UMAX V.

>How has your support been??

Support? What support?

>Are we the only ones using it??

Definitely not. We even offered SPSS to port their latest & greatest
version to the Multimax, but they didn't seem to be all that interested.

I know that there's some Multimax site in Malaysia using SPSS-X as well
as one or a few sites in Australia.

--
Robert Claeson                  |Reasonable mailers: rclaeson@erbe.se
ERBE DATA AB                    |      Dumb mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se@sunet.se
                                |  Perverse mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se@encore.com
These opinions reflect my personal views and not those of my employer.