[comp.sys.encore] sys/vmparam.h refers to nonexistent include file!

phil@eecs.nwu.edu (William LeFebvre) (02/19/91)

We have a Multimax 210 with 4 processors, running UMAX 4.0 (the
4.3BSD derivative).

A user here has come across an oddity.

The include file /usr/include/sys/vmparam.h contains this line:

	#include <machine/vmparam.h>

But I can find no trace of /usr/include/machine/vmparam.h.

What's the story?  Is sys/vmparam.h an include file that should
not be used?  Or that should not exist?

		William LeFebvre
		Computing Facilities Manager and Analyst
		Northwestern University
		<phil@eecs.nwu.edu>

edh@ux.acs.umn.edu (Merlinus Ambrosius) (02/20/91)

In article <3657@casbah.acns.nwu.edu> phil@eecs.nwu.edu (William LeFebvre) writes:
>The include file /usr/include/sys/vmparam.h contains this line:
>
>	#include <machine/vmparam.h>
>
>But I can find no trace of /usr/include/machine/vmparam.h.
>
>What's the story?  Is sys/vmparam.h an include file that should
>not be used?  Or that should not exist?

I believe I came across this "oddity" once, and found that it SHOULD be

	#include <machine/machparam.h>

But perhaps someone at Encore knows better?

	--eric
(ps - when are we going to get 4.3 R4.1??  I hear its been released, but
no one here seems to know about it, nor when we will get it.)
--
/----------"Oh carrots are divine, you get a dozen for dime, its maaaagic."--
|Eric (the "Mentat-Philosopher") Hendrickson	  Academic Computing Services
|edh@ux.acs.umn.edu	   The game is afoot!	      University of Minnesota
\-"What does 'masochist' and 'amnesia' mean?   Beats me, I don't remember."--