[comp.sys.transputer] Transputers at a low level.

ben@tasis.utas.oz (Ben Lian) (03/18/88)

I am looking for information from anyone who has had experience with
transputers at a low level.  To be more precise, I am writing a
compiler (on a VAX + 4.3bsd) which generates transputer binary for
execution on a multi-transputer system hanging off an Olivetti M24
(running INMOS' Transputer Development System under PC-DOS).

Any useful tips, warnings, success/horror stories, etc., i.e.,
*anything*, would be welcome.  By the way, if you know about the
existence of

1)  a transputer assembler (for PC-DOS and/or VAX/4.3bsd); or
2)  a transputer code interpreter (for VAX/4.3bsd)

please respond.

bl

Benjamin Lian                 ACSnet: ben@tasis.utas.oz
Dept. of Information Science  ARPA  : ben%tasis.utas.oz@uunet.uu.net
University of Tasmania        BITnet: munnari!tasis.utas.oz!ben@
GPO Box 252C                          seismo.CSS.GOV
Hobart, Tasmania 7001         UUCP  : {enea,hplabs,mcvax,seismo,ukc}!
Australia.                            munnari!tasis.utas.oz!ben

garyb@hpmwtla.HP.COM (Gary Bringhurst) (03/23/88)

A research group at Brigham Young University, lead by Dr. Aurel Soceneantu, has
been working on a transputer-based system for some time now.  When I left
they had both an assembler and a preliminary compiler (for a new language) up
and running, using PC's as hosts.

(to get to BYU from California you drive due east to SLC and turn right)

Gary L. Bringhurst

tknguyen@watsup.waterloo.edu (Kim Nguyen) (03/25/88)

In article <4870001@hpmwtla.HP.COM> garyb@hpmwtla.HP.COM (Gary Bringhurst) writes:

>A research group at Brigham Young University, ... [deleted]
>
>(to get to BYU from California you drive due east to SLC and turn right)

Yes, or from California you turn due west and keep swimming...
(Hawaii campus)

Kim Nguyen
Systems Design Engineering
tknguyen@watsup.waterloo.edu