[comp.sys.transputer] Vax Q-bus Transputer Platforms under Unix

jab@DUKEE.EGR.DUKE.EDU (John A. Board) (08/11/88)

I am rapidly outgrowing my PC-hosted development system and would like
to drive my Transputer network with one of my MicroVaxen.  All the
commercial Vax Transputer cards I have seen have been for VMS systems, however.
Are there any Unix / Ultrix compatible Transputer cards for Q-bus Vax systems
(yet)?  I would like for the board to support "conventional" TDS(2) and OCCAM
at least as one possible option in addition to any trendy vendor-specific
things, but all comers considered!  Thanks for any info.

John Board                                   INET: jab@duke.cs.duke.edu
Assistant Professor                            or  jab@dukee.egr.duke.edu
Dept. Electrical Eng'g and Dept. Comp. Sci.  UUCP: ...!mcnc!duke!jab
Duke University                              BITNET: DBOARD@TUCC
Durham NC USA                                AT+T: +1 (919) 684-3123

davidj@cernvax.UUCP (davidj) (09/06/88)

To: jab@DUKEE.EGR.DUKE.EDU
Subject: Re: Vax Q-bus Transputer Platforms under Unix (Ultrix)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.transputer
Bcc:
Caplin (a UK company) produce a Q-bus board, which appears to a VMS system
as a terminal interface. I have no idea what Unix/Ultrix support they
provide but they might be able to help you

the address is:

Caplin Cybernetics Corp
Polar Buisiness Park
10 Prestons ROad