[comp.sys.transputer] transputers products for Mac II

daniel@vmucnam.UUCP (Daniel Lippmann) (09/17/88)

Does anybody heard about a Swiss company or research center developping
a transputer-card for the Mac II Nubus ?
If you know anything about that card or the address of these people it
will be of great help for us. We believe that the same guys are also
working on a Modula2 for transputers.
thanks for any help
--
Daniel ( ...!seismo!mcvax!inria!vmucnam!daniel)
C.N.A.M Laboratoire d'Informatique     Daniel Lippmann

macman@ethz.UUCP (Danny Schwendener) (09/18/88)

In article <535@vmucnam.UUCP> daniel@vmucnam.UUCP (Daniel Lippmann) writes:

>Does anybody heard about a Swiss company or research center developping
>a transputer-card for the Mac II Nubus ?

Hell.. how did you know? Yes, some friends of mine are working on a
transputer project for the mac. They first throught about buying a
transputer board, but finally decided to design one themselves for the
sake of flexibility. They can be reached ad:

Institut fuer Systemtechnik
ETH-Zentrum, ETZ-G
CH-8092 Zuerich
+411 256 5445

Sorry I don't know their e-mail address, and it's a little late to call
them up and ask them (see time stamp in header)

-- Danny

| Mail   :   Danny Schwendener, ETH Macintosh Support Center            |
|            Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, CH-8092 Zuerich     |
| Bitnet :   macman@czheth5a      UUCP   :   {cernvax,mcvax}ethz!macman |
| Ean    :   macman@ifi.ethz.ch   Voice  :   yodel three times          |

braner@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Moshe Braner) (09/20/88)

[]

Levco (a US company) make transputer boards for the Mac II (and the Mac SE).

- Moshe Braner

dweiss@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (David Weiss) (09/21/88)

in article <616@ethz.UUCP>, macman@ethz.UUCP (Danny Schwendener) says:
>                              ....They first throught about buying a
> transputer board, but finally decided to design one themselves for the
> sake of flexibility.

Try Levco in California.

-dweiss
"poodle bites, poodle chews it"

macman@ethz.UUCP (Danny Schwendener) (09/21/88)

I've been told this morning that the hardware part of the Transputer Board
for the Mac II (see my last message) is done. A private company is now
producing these boards on a small scale, for our internal needs.

Mr. Kern, who engineered the board, has now switched to that firm.
For more information about the product, contact him at:

Ergonomics Ltd.
Nordstr 198
CH-8000 Zuerich

+411/ 363 8808

For the software, contact Mr. Giesiger or Mr. Marti at:

Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
Institut fuer Elektronik
ETH-Zentrum, ETZ-G71
CH-8092 Zuerich

+411/ 256 5183 (Giesiger) or 256 5446 (Marti)