[comp.sys.transputer] Transputer Efficiency

blau@ugly.cs.ubc.ca (benjamin c n lau 32713844) (11/29/88)

Dear all,
   We are a bunch of students in Canada working on a transputer project.
I wonder if anybody has done research on measuring the level of
utilization of the channel, the link, and the CPUs     s, the links and the CPU
s of a transputer
network?

Benjamin Lau
blau@ugly.cs.ubc.ca

MJP@vaxb.roe.ac.uk (11/30/88)

In article <54@ubc-cs.UUCP>, Benjamin Lau writes:

>Dear all,
>   We are a bunch of students in Canada working on a transputer project.
>I wonder if anybody has done research on measuring the level of
>utilization of the channel, the link, and the CPUs of a transputer network?

I remember seeing a demonstration at ERCC of a system called GRAIL which
ran on a SUN workstation and monitored activity on the Meiko Computing
Surface.  It mapped the network and gave information on CPU activity, but I
can't remember what information it provided on channel and link activity.
Does anyone know what stage GRAIL is at now?  I seem to recall that it was
a Marconi package, and people at Strathclyde were involved.

Not much help, I'm afraid, but it might jog a memory or two...

Cheers,
Magnus Paterson,
Royal Observatory, Edinburgh.