[comp.sys.transputer] Transputer Assembly Language

rtm1@thumper.bellcore.com (Ravi Masand) (01/22/89)

Does anyone know of a good reference for the transputer's assembly language ??
An Inmos tech note or an article or book or anything else ??

Many Thanks.

Ravi Masand
Bellcore
thumper!rtm1

w-colinp@microsoft.UUCP (Colin Plumb) (01/23/89)

Probably the first thing you want is an Inmos document titled
"The transputer instrution set - a compiler writers' guide."
It's a bit odd compared to conventional processor user's manuals,
but the facts are there.

There's also a document I wrote on the subject, "An Introduction to
Transputer Assembly Language,"  and posted a long time ago.  At the
moment, the only copy I have is on the Mac, and I'll mail that as soon
as I figure out how to transfer the file and redo the formatting.

But if someone out there saved a copy (I was ccplumb@watmath at the time),
they could possibly save me the trouble and send it to the requester.

Thanks!
--
	-Colin (uunet!microsof!w-colinp)

ben@tasis.utas.oz (Ben Lian) (01/24/89)

In article <329@microsoft.UUCP> w-colinp@microsoft.uucp (Colin Plumb) writes:
>Probably the first thing you want is an Inmos document titled
>"The transputer instrution set - a compiler writers' guide."
>It's a bit odd compared to conventional processor user's manuals,
>but the facts are there.

The above document now exists as a book from Prentice-Hall.  Rather pricey.
And you really do need an assembler in order to play around a bit.  Better
yet, have an assembler AND a high-level language compiler that generates
assembler source.  (I use Logical System's Transputer Toolset -- good stuff.)

>There's also a document I wrote on the subject, "An Introduction to
>Transputer Assembly Language,"  and posted a long time ago.  At the
>moment, the only copy I have is on the Mac, and I'll mail that as soon
>as I figure out how to transfer the file and redo the formatting.

I've still got a copy hanging about (about 52 kbytes).  E-mail me if you
want it.  Or you can try Colin.

>--
>	-Colin (uunet!microsof!w-colinp)

Ben Lian

Benjamin Y H Lian             ACSnet: ben@tasis.utas.oz
Dept. of EE & CS              ARPA  : ben%tasis.utas.oz.au@uunet.uu.net
University of Tasmania        BITnet: munnari!tasis.utas.oz!ben@
GPO Box 252C                          uunet.uu.net  (I think)
Hobart, Tasmania 7001         UUCP  : {enea,hplabs,mcvax,uunet,ukc}!
A U S T R A L I A                     munnari!tasis.utas.oz!ben