[comp.sys.transputer] High Level Languages

paul@minster.york.ac.uk (02/04/89)

As part of a research project into distributed operating systems
the University of York has acquired a 9 Transputer array that is
currently being programmed in Occam. We would like to start using
a higher level (more conventional?) language. Does anyone have any
experience with HLLs on Transputers (C, Pascal, Modula-2 etc)?

Thanks,
Paul Austin

paul@uk.ac.york.minster

jevans@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (David Jevans) (02/10/89)

In article <swordfish.602595929@minster.york.ac.uk>, paul@minster.york.ac.uk writes:
> currently being programmed in Occam. We would like to start using
> a higher level (more conventional?) language. Does anyone have any
> experience with HLLs on Transputers (C, Pascal, Modula-2 etc)?

Yikes! Where did you get the half baked notion that C is a
high level language???:-)

David Jevans, U of Calgary Computer Science, Calgary AB  T2N 1N4  Canada
uucp: ...{ubc-cs,utai,alberta}!calgary!jevans