[comp.sys.transputer] Preliminary program for April's NATUG meeting.

STILES@USU.BITNET (03/08/89)

Distribution-File:
        occam@sutcase.case.syr.edu
        transputer@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu

Attached below please find the Preliminary Program for the North American
Transputer Users Group meeting of April 5 & 6.  To those who submitted
abstracts and I have been unable to reach by email: please consider this
a notice of acceptance; surface mail verification will follow.

Speakers:  Please let me know soon whether you need any audio-visual
equipment beyond on overhead projector.

Dyke Stiles
Stiles@usu.bitnet
Stiles@cc.usu.edu

                    North American Transputer Users Group
                               Spring Meeting
                              April 5 & 6, 1989
                            Salt Lake City, Utah

                             Preliminary Program
                           (Changes Possible!)

Wednesday Luncheon Speaker: C. A. R. Hoare

Wednesday Afternoon (April 5: 1:00 - 3:00; 3:30 - 5:00)

1:00 - 1:30         Trollius: A Software Solution for Transputers and Other
                    Multicomputers

                    Moshe Braner
                    Cornell Theory Center
                    Cornell University

1:30 - 2:00         Data Parallel Programming on Transputer Networks

                    Computer and Information Science
                    Prasad Vishnubhotla
                    Ohio State University

2:00 - 2:30         Verifying the Transputer

                    Geoff Barrett
                    Programming Research Group
                    Oxford University Computing Laboratory

2:30 - 3:00         Modula, Lilith, and Transputers

                    Richard Ohran
                    Computer Systems Architects
                    Provo, Utah

3:00 - 4:00         Break

3:30 - 4:00         The Cogent Linda Machine

                    William Leler
                    Cogent, Inc.

4:00 - 4:20         A Simple but Flexible Model for Determining Optimal Task
                    Allocation and Configuration on a Network of Transputers

                    N. Udiavar and G. S. Stiles
                    Department of Electrical Engineering
                    Utah State University

4:20 - 4:40         Parallel Natural Language Processing using Transition
                    Networks

                    John Baker and Steven B. Seidman
                    Department of Computer Science
                    George Mason University.

4:40 - 5:00         An Implementation of Prolog for the Inmos T800 Transputer

                    A. Verden, A. King, and W. Hall
                    Department of Electronics and Computer Science
                    University of Southampton

Thursday Morning (April 6: 8:00 - 10:00; 10:30 - 12:00)

8:00 - 8:30         Using Algorithmic Parallelism in the Manchester Parsifal
                    System

                    Peter C. Capon and Alan E. Knowles
                    Department of Computer Science
                    University of Manchester

8:30 - 9:00         A Transputer-based Architecture for Data Broadcasting

                    Mark Smith, Jonathan Yen, and Susan Spach
                    Hewlett Packard Laboratories
                    Palo Alto, California

9:00 - 9:30         A Fully Parallel, Multi-Processor Hardware and Software
                    System Using Inmos Transputers and the occam Programming
                    Language

                    Rodney Taylor and Scott Taylor
                    General Dynamics
                    Pomona, California

9:30 - 10:00        The Cyclops Vision System

                    C. J. Taylor, N. Vlamis, M. Buhler, and  A. Ganz
                    Center for Systems Science
                    Yale University

10:00 - 10:30       Break

10:30 - 11:00       Kilonode: A Transputer-Based Parallel Computer

                    F. H. Schlereth* and B. F. Schlereth**
                    *Syracuse University
                    **General Electric
                    Syracuse, New York

11:00 - 11:20       Software Development on the Video Analysis Transputer Array

                    Thomas B. Henderson, Jerome J. Symanski, and Keith Bromley
                    Naval Ocean Systems Center
                    San Diego, California

11:20 - 11:40       Variable Topology Parallel Processing on the Sun:
                    A Graphics Based, Mouse Driven Approach

                    Jack Harper
                    Topologix, Inc.
                    Denver, Colorado

11:40 - 12:00       The Esprit Project

                    Gordon Harp
                    RSRE, Great Britain and
                    Naval Ocean Systems Center, San Diego, California

Thursday Luncheon Speaker: Inmos

Thursday Afternoon (April 6: 1:00 - 3:10)

1:00 - 1:30         IMISSED-T: Interactive Microprocessor Instruction Set
                    Simulation Environment with Graphical Display for
                    Transputers

                    Erik Dirkx
                    INFO Department
                    Vrije University
                    Brussel

1:30 - 1:50         Print Inspection and Flexible Image Processing on
                    Transputer Arrays

                    Majid Mirmehdi
                    Department of Computer Science
                    The City University, London

1:50 - 2:10         The Travelling Salesman Problem on Meiko Parallel Computer

                    Ji Zhao
                    Department of Computer Science
                    University of Edinburgh

2:10 - 2:30         Transputer Communication Models and Statistics

                    Duane Call
                    Computer Sysytems Architects
                    Provo, Utah

2:30 - 2:50         A Design Laboratory Introduction to a Reduced Instruction
                    Set Computer, A Forth Based Single Board Computer
                    Implementation of the IMS T212 Transputer

                    Darrow F. Dawson and Kurt L. Hambacker
                    University of Missouri-Rolla

2:50 - 3:10         How the Transputer Stacks Up Against Other Machines:
                    Performance Comparisons on Several Application Programs

blknowle@uokmax.UUCP (Bradford L Knowles) (03/10/89)

In article <8903081614.AA13173@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU> STILES@USU.BITNET writes:
>Distribution-File:
>        occam@sutcase.case.syr.edu
>        transputer@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu
>
>Attached below please find the Preliminary Program for the North American
>Transputer Users Group meeting of April 5 & 6.  To those who submitted
>abstracts and I have been unable to reach by email: please consider this
>a notice of acceptance; surface mail verification will follow.
>
>Dyke Stiles
>Stiles@usu.bitnet
>Stiles@cc.usu.edu

Hmmm...  Sounds very interesting.  Are you going to have the proceedings
published and available for purchase (or maybe be really nice and just send
interested folks copies thereof -- I'm not really expecting this, it would cost
way too much :-), or are you going to keep the proceedings only in the form
presented at the meeting (and thus unavailable to the rest of us)?

Some of this stuff could REALLY help on my term paper...

-Brad Knowles

UUCP: ...!texsun!uokmax!blknowle
ARPA: blknowle@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
SNAIL: 1013 Mobile Circle
       Norman, OK  73071-2522

Disclaimer: (The above opinions are my own.  They have nothing to do with the
		Univeristy of Oklahoma nor intelligence of any sort. :-)