[comp.sys.transputer] Helios Courses

ENGLE@A.ISI.EDU (05/09/89)

We will be teaching two courses on the Helios distributed
operating system at the Inmos Regional Transputer Center in Santa
Clara, California.  The first course will be entitled
"Introduction to the Helios Operating Systems" and will held on
July 6-7.  The second course will be held on August 7-8 and is
entitled "Advanced Helios |Programming".

Both courses will include hand-ons demonstrations and projects.

Helios is a truly distributed operating system which runs on
networks of trnasputers.  The system communicates with a host via
a server program.  There are currently servers for the IBM PC,
the Sun, and VAXen.  The system supports message passing at the
low level and a high level stream interface in which
communicating processes use standard reads and writes to transfer
values.

For further information contact Ms.  Virginia Green at
(415)595-7303 or by FAX at (415)595-8158.

ignac@electro.UUCP (Ignac Kolenko) (05/11/89)

In article <[A.ISI.EDU].9-May-89.10:55:16.ENGLE> ENGLE@A.ISI.EDU writes:
>Helios is a truly distributed operating system which runs on
>networks of trnasputers.  The system communicates with a host via
>a server program.  There are currently servers for the IBM PC,
>the Sun, and VAXen.  The system supports message passing at the

helios is also available for the Atari Transputer Workstation which is
currently available in europe i believe. now if Atari would market its
hardware a little more aggressively in north america, hopefully more
people would know about such excellent hardware as the ATW.

--
Ignac A. Kolenko (The Ig)          watmath!watcgl!electro!ignac

"Catholic or Protestant, you got not choice. I tried to scream, but I lost
my voice!" from 'Irish Eyes Don't Smile Tonight' by SUBURBAN DISTORTION