[comp.sys.transputer] Does the V/TT System

TRG@vax1.nihel.ie (06/13/89)

I came across an old mention of 'Unix for transputers'.
Its from the NEWS section of PC USER Magazine December 1987. (yes 1987)
Some extracts...

'Microport has developed a version of the operating system to run on an
Inmos expansion card in an AT.
The V/TT System is a version of Unix System V v2.0 operating on a B008.'
'V/TT is a fully authorized version of Unix System V.'
'B008 fitted with 4 of the new T800'
'Inmos claims that the combination delivers up to 50 times the power of the
AT on its own and 15 times the performance of a VAX 780.'
'Grenville Edwards, Microport's sales and marketing director told PC User,
"We haven't been able to fix any prices yet as we're still waiting for
details to come through from Inmos. But for a four-transputer card, the run
-time system and a C compiler, we're talking about under 5000."
'Inmos and Microport are saying that Unix is ideally suited to the
transputer.'

Sounds Interesting. Has anyone seen V/TT ?
Reading the above it sounds as if it was actully developed
and was not just vapour-ware.

If anyone knows any further details or where I can find out more of V/TT
please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Fergal O'Sullivan,                    Email: OSULLIVANF@VAX1.NIHEL.IE
Transputer Research Group             Email: TRG@VAX1.NIHEL.IE
Electronic & Computer Eng Dept,       Voice: Int + 353 61 333644 Ext 2367
University of Limerick,               FAX  : Ireland (061) 330316
Limerick,                             Telex: Ireland (500) 70609
Ireland.

les@unicads.UUCP (Les Milash) (06/13/89)

In article <8906131103.AA21442@uk.ac.ox.prg> TRG@vax1.nihel.ie writes:
>I came across an old mention of 'Unix for transputers'.
>-time system and a C compiler, we're talking about under 5000."
>Sounds Interesting.
 very.
>If anyone knows any further details please let me know.
 MEE
 TOO
 MEE
 TOO