[comp.sys.transputer] Transputer Links with fiber optics

FGOMEZ@estec.BITNET (07/26/89)

:MSG FROM: FGOMEZ  --ESTEC    TO: TRANSPUT--EXTERNAL          89-07-26 11:37:54
 To: TRANSPUT--EXTERNAL

 From: (F. Gomez)
 Subject:  Transputer Links with fiber optics

  Has anybody got some experience using fiber optics with transputer
 links?. We are starting to use that and we are experimenting some
 errors  in  the transmission.
 Thanks in advance.
 F.Gomez-Molinero
 European Space Agency
 ESTEC

jpainter@tjp.East.Sun.COM (John Painter - Sun BOS Hardware) (07/27/89)

Inmos has an app note on this (at least in the US).  I have done work
in this area as well and would point out that the problems you experience
may be due to differences in the turn-on/turn-off times of the light
source.  (If you can not get the app note and want it reply via
normal mail with an address and I'll send a copy to you)

/Tjp
- no batteries required, contains internal fusion generator