[comp.sys.transputer] C011 Link Adaptors

MJP@vaxb.roe.ac.uk (10/04/89)

In a recent article, Kevin Bertram writes:

>	I have a problem with the C012 Link adapter which the product
>data sheets don't have an answer for. And I thought that maybe someone
>here, in this news group, could answer it for me.
>	On the C012 Link adapter chip pin 14 has the function of
>"SeperateIQ". What does this pin do and what should its logic state be
>for normal functioning of the chip? The block diagram of the chip towards
>the front of the data sheets don't include this pin name and the pin name
>description list has forgotten it too.
>	One more thing. The "CapMinus" line connects to the "Minus" side
>of a capacitor but where does the positive side go? Is it safe to assume
>Vcc?
>
>	Thanks for any help you might have.
>
>		-Kevin  (kevin@latcs1.oz)

The data sheet I use (printed in the Transputer Databook, First Edition
1989) indicates that pin 14 has the function HoldToGND, NOT SeparateIQ.
However, SeparateIQ on the C011 (pin16) selects Mode 2 when connected to
GND, Mode 1 10 Mbits/s when connected to Vcc, and Mode 1 20 Mbits/s when
connected to ClockIn.

The capacitor positive end does go to Vcc.

Magnus Paterson,          * janet -     mjp@uk.ac.roe.vaxb                  *
Royal Observatory,        * cbsmail -   cbs%uk.ac.roe.vaxb::mjp             *
Edinburgh                 * earn -      mjp@vaxb.roe.ac.uk                  *
Scotland                  * arpa -      mjp%vaxb.roe.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk *
                          * arpa -      mjp%vaxb.roe.ac.uk@ukacrl.bitnet    *
If all else fails,        * span -      19463::revad::mjp                   *
ph. 031-668-8247          * starlink -  revad::mjp                          *
fax 031-668-8264          * psimail -   psi%000007002002::mjp               *
                          * janet -     mjp@uk.ac.roe.star                  *