[comp.sys.transputer] Transputers at IBM

ENGLE@A.ISI.EDU (02/13/90)

>From the February 12th issue of EE Times:

	"Midyear, too, IBM revealed details on various of its
	parallel-computing programs, including MIMD...SIMD...
	and VLIW...architectures, as well as a hybrid dataflow
	architecture and a message-based system using Inmos/
	SGS-Thomson's Transputers"

						page 46.

Is this the Victor machine(s) ? Or is there something else?

Steven W. Engle
MIMD Systems, Inc.

beers@TPUTER.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Jim Beers) (02/13/90)

I am working with IBM on the Victor project, in which we are running
our Trollius operating system.  I am not aware of any other projects
within IBM using Transputers, although several people are using
Victor machines.  I heard a talk about the hybrid dataflow
architecture.  they had nice color pictures of it, but nothing has
been built yet.

Jim Beers

davidb@braa.inmos.co.uk (David Boreham) (02/20/90)

In article <9002122246.AA01231@tputer.tn.cornell.edu> beers@TPUTER.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Jim Beers) writes:
>I am working with IBM on the Victor project, in which we are running
>our Trollius operating system.  I am not aware of any other projects
>within IBM using Transputers, although several people are using
>Victor machines.  I heard a talk about the hybrid dataflow
>architecture.  they had nice color pictures of it, but nothing has
>been built yet.
>
>Jim Beers

There are definitely more IBM transputer projects. I know this
not because I work for INMOS but because I've read about them
in the press.

(Standard Disclaimer.....)

David Boreham, INMOS Limited | mail(uk): davidb@inmos.co.uk or ukc!inmos!davidb
Bristol,  England            |     (us): uunet!inmos.com!davidb
+44 454 616616 ex 547        | Internet: davidb@inmos.com