[comp.sys.transputer] X-windows on Transputer based systems

srm@cacs.usl.edu (Seshagiri Rao Myneni) (03/19/90)

In article <[A.ISI.EDU].9-Mar-90.15:09:16.ENGLE> ENGLE@A.ISI.EDU writes:
>> From Mark Edmonds:
>> Does anyone know if X-windows is supported on any of the graphics TRAMS (or
>> boards) available, preferably written in occam.  I heard INMOS were porting
>> X-windows to their graphics TRAM - any info available?

Some stuff deleted .....

>As far as I know, Helios has the only version of X-Windows running on

We are using X-windows available on Cogent XTM, which is a Transputer
T-800, based system.

>transputers.  This is the version that Inmos is showing.   S. Zenith is
>correct in thinking that range checking has been added, it seems that the
some more stuff deleted...
>because of the 2D block moves available, and also the fact that you can
>often dedicate a transputer to X (though under Helios you don't have to) and
>thus you aren't competing against the X-server for cycles.

>Steven W. Engle
>MIMD Systems, Inc.

Seshu.

Seshagiri Rao Myneni               e-mail address:
908 Lamar, # 108		   1. srm@gator.cacs.usl.edu
Lafayette, LA 70501		   2. srm@swamp.cacs.usl.edu

Phone # (318) 235-6183.
	Off   231-5779.

cath@wraxall.inmos.co.uk (Catherine Liddiard) (03/27/90)

There is a company based in Yate which sells X-windows on
Transputers. They also do work with Unix (drivers etc),
contact them for full details...

BEAM Ltd.,
Falcon Centre,
Northavon business centre,
Dean Rd,
Yate,
Bristol. BS17 5NH
England.

Tel (+44) (0)454 324512
Fax (+44) (0)454 315126

I've seen it running, with multiple windows and no crashing!

Hope this is of interest and use,
Catherine.

All disclaimers etc etc.....