[comp.sys.transputer] "Cute" picture

nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (05/25/90)

In article <9005242140.AA06182@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU>, BRIMS@UCLASTRO writes:
>Dear All,
>         Since Nick Rothwell has thought to honour us with his opinion of what
>constitutes "a totally inappropriate and rather nausiating (sic) "cute"
>picture",

Aw, c'mon guys, it was just my opinion...

>perhaps for the benefit of those of us who have not seen it he might
>enlighten us as to (a) what it depicts and (b) what part of his
>political/moral/artistic senses it offends.

(a) it is a picture of a line of bicycles, connected wheel-to-wheel,
being ridden by PC clones along a piece of line-printer output.

(b) I just don't like it. I don't like most of Byte's illustrations;
they try to be humorous in some banale way unrelated to the article
they illustrate. They could use the space in a more constructive way
This is, of course, just my opinion...

...and not much to do with transputers.

>George Brims

		Nick.
--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcsun!ukc!lfcs!nick