[comp.sys.transputer] Computer Algebra on transputers

stein@dhw68k.cts.com (Rick 'Transputer' Stein) (05/25/90)

In article <19918@nigel.udel.EDU> galuska@udel.edu (Scott Galuska (Dept of C&IS)) writes:
>Could somebody please point me in the direction of papers/publications on
>Computer Algebra systems/algorithms using transputers?  Thank you very much!
>Scott Galuska
I once proposed, in an SBIR to the NSF, that MAPLE from U @ Waterloo be
ported to transputer-based multicomputers.  Unfortunately, 3 of 4 reviewers
called my ideas "niave," and the project was not funded.  Massively parallel
symbolic computation is coming of age.  The Deprit's at NIST have actually
built a symbolic computation system for the connection machine.  For the
transputer, only time will tell.  I don't think you'll see Mathematica or
MACSYMA, because these codes are huge toxic wastedumps, and are unlikely to
be decomposed and parallelized to run on more than one cpu.

--
Richard M. Stein (aka, Rick 'Transputer' Stein)
Sole proprietor of Rick's Software Toxic Waste Dump and Kitty Litter Co.