[comp.sys.transputer] Large C progs

cs_s424@ux.kingston.ac.uk (05/30/90)

Nick Rothwell writes:
>I wrote about 20000 lines of code in C under BSD unix.  The port to
>the transputer was pretty immediate. This is because I didn't hack it.

I aggree with Nick's point.

I ported a very large piece of ray-tracing software written on a Sun in C,
and to quote Nick, the port was "pretty immediate". The chap who wrote the
raytracer developed extremely "clean" C. The quality of the original software
dictates the speed of porting more any other factor.

   |   |   |    Paul J Netherwood   email :  P.J.Netherwood@uk.ac.kingston
--[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-- Research            phone :  (+44) 81 549 1366 ext 2923
   |   |   |                        local :  cs_s424@ux.king
   |   |   |    School of Computer Science and Electronic Systems,
--[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-- |/ingston |>olytechnic, Penrhyn Road, Surrey KT1 2EE, UK.
                  \