[comp.sys.transputer] Craig Reese's questions about the great CSA KIT value.

HOPKINSM@isnet.inmos.COM (06/28/90)

Believe it. The CSA "Transputer Education KIT" is a great bargin. It
includes a single processor 1Mb PC card, the INMOS Toolset (with Origami
folding editor & OCCAM Compiler), Logical System's C Compiler, and four
documents (including a student workbook).

This KIT is the result of a year-long collaborative effort between CSA,
Logical Systems, and SGS-Thomson-INMOS. It is an affordable consumer product
that is primarily intended for university education. However, it also is a
complete introductory system for anyone wanting to explore transputing on
their PC at work or home.

Additional boards can be purchased inexpensively for building KIT networks
to do multiprocessing. These boards can be housed within one or more PC
chassis and are interconnected/configured using plug-in link cables. We
feel CSA is a first rate company.

Mark Hopkins
Strategic Programs Manager
SGS-Thomson-INMOS
(719)630-4636

motteler@umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Howard E. Motteler) (06/28/90)

regarding the CSA kit:

HOPKINSM@isnet.inmos.COM writes:
>Believe it. The CSA "Transputer Education KIT" is a great bargin. It
>includes a single processor 1Mb PC card, the INMOS Toolset (with Origami
>folding editor & OCCAM Compiler), Logical System's C Compiler, and four
>documents (including a student workbook).

I think they have a pretty big backlog of orders.  I ordered mine a
couple of months ago, and I'm still waiting.  The CSA people have been
very helpful over the phone with questions about their other products;
I talked to them several times when I was writing up a grant proposal
for some transputer hardware.

--
Howard E. Motteler       |  Dept. of Computer Science
motteler@umbc3.umbc.edu  |  UMBC, Catonsville, MD 21228