[comp.sys.transputer] How many on a board?

dknight@elm.sdd.trw.com (David B. Knight) (06/27/90)

In article <Jun.25.15.32.17.1990.13409@paul.rutgers.edu> moskowit@paul.rutgers.edu (Len Moskowitz) writes:

>Could someone point me to a source of commercially available boards
>that have multiple transputers (or other fast computing elements) on
>them?  Double width VME form factor would be ideal.

There is a company called YARC Systems Corporation that makes multi-transputer
add-in boards for PCs and Macs.  The address for additional information is

YARC Systems Corporation
5655 Lindero Canyon Road, #721
Westlake Village, CA 91362

I have a little literature on them, so if interested I'll post more.

Dave Knight
dknight@elm.sdd.trw.com

ccb@robots.oxford.ac.uk (Chris Bowman) (07/03/90)

In article <9006261559.AA18348@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU> you write:
>Date: Sat, 23 Jun 90 04:16 EDT
>|From: Len Moskowitz <Len@HEART-OF-GOLD>
>Subject: How many on a board?
>To: "3077::IN%\"transputer@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.edu\""@TSD1
>

>Could someone point me to a source of commercially available boards
>that have multiple transputers (or other fast computing elements) on
>them?  Double width VME form factor would be ideal.
>
>Len Moskowitz
>moskowitz@bendix.com
>moskowit@paul.rutgers.edu

There are two boards that I know of that would suit your needs.  The
first is the MCP501 from:

     Transtech Systems Ltd.
     Unit 17, Wye Estate
     London Road,
     High Wycombe
     Buckinghamshire
     England HP11 1LH
     ph.  (+44) 494 464303
     Fax: (+44) 494 463686

This is a 6U board with a VME I/F which can hold up to 8 TRAMS (i.e. 8
T800 transputers each with 1 Mbyte of RAM).

The other board is the Inmos B014 board.  This also has 8 TRAM slots and is
similar in specification to the MCP501.

Chris Bowman
Robotics Research Group
Oxford University