[comp.sys.transputer] H1: Is it here?

onders@taac.ipl.rpi.edu (Timothy E. Onders) (07/17/90)

I have heard, from a very reliable source, that Atari UK has a prototype
ATW machine running with the H1 processor already.  I didn't think it (H1)
was a real product yet.  Anyone know anything about this?
					-Tim Onders
					onders@ipl.rpi.edu

[The source is Bob Brodie, if anyone knows him.  He's "up there" in Atari
 US and recently asked AUK what the status of the ATW was.  That's what
 they told him.]

cca04@keele.ac.uk (P.J. Mitchell) (07/18/90)

From article <L9W$HA=@rpi.edu>, by onders@taac.ipl.rpi.edu (Timothy E. Onders):
> I have heard, from a very reliable source, that Atari UK has a prototype
> ATW machine running with the H1 processor already.  I didn't think it (H1)
> was a real product yet.  Anyone know anything about this?

I was at a talk given by an Inmos employee last week... They claim that
they're on target for H1 delivery in March/April 1991 (whatever that means),
but as far as I'm aware they only have simulators so far, not a silicon
prototype. This desn't mean that they don't have any, just that they're not
talking about them. It also doesn't mean that Atari don't have a simulator
either. More than that I cannot say. I wonder if the Inmos bods who read this
group could enlighten us ?
--
--Paul Mitchell (CMA N.Cheshire, DoD#0145)      | Computer Centre,
JANET:  cca04@uk.ac.keele.seq1                  | University of Keele, Keele,

mslater@cup.portal.com (Michael Z Slater) (07/19/90)

>I have heard, from a very reliable source, that Atari UK has a prototype
>ATW machine running with the H1 processor already.  I didn't think it (H1)
>was a real product yet.  Anyone know anything about this?

I don't know what the status of the chip is.  I do know, however, that
Ian Pearson, Inmos' R&D director, will be giving a talk on the chip at
the Microprocessor Forum in October.

If anyone would like more info on the Forum, send an email request to
deena@cup.portal.com with your paper mail address.  It will be held at
the Hyatt Regency at the S.F. airport on Oct 10 and 11.

Michael Slater, Microprocessor Report   mslater@cup.portal.com
707/823-4004  fax: 707/823-0504

davidb@brac.inmos.co.uk (David Boreham) (07/19/90)

In article <L9W$HA=@rpi.edu> onders@taac.ipl.rpi.edu (Timothy E. Onders) writes:
>I have heard, from a very reliable source, that Atari UK has a prototype
>ATW machine running with the H1 processor already.  I didn't think it (H1)
>was a real product yet.  Anyone know anything about this?
>					-Tim Onders
>					onders@ipl.rpi.edu
>
>[The source is Bob Brodie, if anyone knows him.  He's "up there" in Atari
> US and recently asked AUK what the status of the ATW was.  That's what
> they told him.]

 :)     -):    :)  -:)    :-)

Unfortunately this is complete nonsense.

David Boreham, INMOS Limited | mail(uk): davidb@inmos.co.uk or ukc!inmos!davidb
Bristol,  England            |     (us): uunet!inmos.com!davidb
+44 454 616616 ex 547        | Internet: davidb@inmos.com

iann@specialix.co.uk (Ian Nandhra) (07/23/90)

davidb@brac.inmos.co.uk (David Boreham) writes:

>In article <L9W$HA=@rpi.edu> onders@taac.ipl.rpi.edu (Timothy E. Onders) writes:
>>I have heard, from a very reliable source, that Atari UK has a prototype
>>ATW machine running with the H1 processor already.  I didn't think it (H1)
>>was a real product yet.  Anyone know anything about this?
>>					-Tim Onders
>>					onders@ipl.rpi.edu
>>
>>[The source is Bob Brodie, if anyone knows him.  He's "up there" in Atari
>> US and recently asked AUK what the status of the ATW was.  That's what
>> they told him.]

>Unfortunately this is complete nonsense.
What, that Atari has a prototype or that the H1 is a real product?

--
Ian Nandhra,    Specialix, 3 Wintersells Road, Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 7LF, UK
{backbone}!mcsun!ukc!slxsys!iann                        iann@specialix.co.uk