[comp.sys.transputer] Failure of your mail.

zahid@gec-rl-hrc.co.uk (Zahid Hussain x2255, G11) (07/31/90)

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date:     Tue, 31 Jul 90 11:23:36 GMT
To:       Majid Mirmehdi <majid@uk.ac.city.cs>
cc:       zahid@gec-rl-hrc
Subject:  Re:  Dynamic Scene Analysis ...

>From: Majid Mirmehdi <majid@uk.ac.city.cs>
>Date: Fri, 27 Jul 90 09:41:52 BST
>To: zahid@uk.co.gec-rl-hrc
>Subject: Re: Dynamic Scene Analysis ...

>The only piece of work I know of is the work done at Bristol U.
>on Traffic Analysis. (Team led by Prof. Dagless)

I'm not all that familiar with work that are currently going on using
transputers. Last time I went to a transputer meeting, many were
still describing their implementation of Sobel operator on
transputer farms. However, the following two references may be of
more interest (ofcourse there has been considerable work done not
using transputers and you could look at the Rosenfeld's annual
survay published in CVGIP):

(1) "Algorithms and Architectures for Automatic Traffic Analysis",
    Mahammad Atiquzzama, PhD thesis 1986, UMIST, Dept. Electrical
    Engineering and Electronics.

    The algorithms presented are simple as the hardware platfrom,
    paper design of machines include SIMD linear array using 6800
    processors and later transputer farms. The algorithms are based on
    work carried out at UMIST and Sheffield by Prof. Hobson's group.

(2) "Transputer implementation of multiple target tracking",
    E. Gul and D.P. Atherton, Microprocessors and Microsystems,
    April 89.

    I don't have a copy of this paper, so I cant say useful it is.

>Best Wishes,
>Majid.

I hope this is of use. Tell me if you found any more references.
	   ** Zahid.

Dr. Zahid Hussain
Hirst Research Centre             E-mail: zahid%uk.co.gec-rl-hrc@uk.ac.ukc
East Lane                         Voice:  +44 (0)81 908 9255
Wembley, Middlesex HA9 7PP
England, U.K.