[comp.sys.transputer] Transputers and Macs

ME.DMG@forsythe.stanford.edu (David Gaba M.D.) (08/31/90)

In article <3074.9008291514@buck.ac.uk>,
ian@buckingham.ac.uk (Ian East) writes:

>I am trying to establish how much interest there is for transputer link
>interfaces/boards for the Mac. (Perhaps others like myself use a Mac
>but are forced to teach on those wretched PC things!)

You know of course that Levco Inc. offers Mac transputer boards.
We are using them for medical simulation.  However, we would love
to have an indpendent supplier, cause there have been some rumors
about Levco giving up on the Mac-Transputer business.

If you want more info. about Levco, boards, etc. one of my students
can get some info. for you if you let me know.  Perhaps you
already have info. on their stuff.

Good luck,  Dave Gaba, Stanford

mccabe@hatteras.cs.unc.edu (Daniel McCabe) (09/01/90)

In article <1990Aug31.145457.27195@morrow.stanford.edu> ME.DMG@forsythe.stanford.edu (David Gaba M.D.) writes:
>You know of course that Levco Inc. offers Mac transputer boards.
>We are using them for medical simulation.  However, we would love
>to have an indpendent supplier, cause there have been some rumors
>about Levco giving up on the Mac-Transputer business.

I believe that "offered" is the correct tense.  I think that they have
replaced the Trasnputer board with an I860 board.  However, some former
Levco employees are still selling T-puter boards for the Mac (I don't
have a reference handy, but can try to find it if there is interest).

Cheers,
danm

cb538@city.ac.uk (ROBERTS M) (09/03/90)

>However, some former
>Levco employees are still selling T-puter boards for the Mac (I don't
>have a reference handy, but can try to find it if there is interest).

The above makes it sound as if Levco were making the running in what
happened, quite the reverse in fact !

Anyone potential Mac/Transputer users would do well to get in contact with :

Quantum Leap Systems
15875 Highland Ct,
Solana Beach, CA 92075
USA

Tel: (619) 481-8427.
     (619) 457-0781.

FAX: (619) 481-3192.
     (619) 457-0199.

Which is made up of the people originally behind Levco Mac-Transputer
products and is currently gearing up with new products and support services, as
well as 'old stuff'.

Quantum Leap have some great things in store for the future !

Mike Roberts.

rdominy@palantir.gsfc.nasa.gov (Robert Dominy) (09/06/90)

In article <1990Aug31.145457.27195@morrow.stanford.edu>
ME.DMG@forsythe.stanford.edu (David Gaba M.D.) writes:
> You know of course that Levco Inc. offers Mac transputer boards.

Quantum Leap Systems now distributes the transputer boards that Levco used
to distribute.  You can contact them at:

Quantum Leap Systems
15875 Highland Ct.
Solana Beach, CA 92075
(619) 481-8427