[comp.sys.transputer] Transputer Reset

kevin@latcs1.oz.au (Kevin James Bertram) (10/11/90)

	I have a question concerning the Transputer of which no answer
has become obvious through either the data sheets or normal contact.
The problem is: should the ERROROUT signal of any of the CPU's get reset
                to an inactive state after a reset. (not analyse state)?
                This is assuming that the CPU does not have an ERRORIN
                input, or if it did then it is at a inactive state.

I ask this because my experience says it doesn't. At least with the T8's
and T414's. BUT T400 do clear their ERROROUT line on reset. So which is
true? Is it luck that the T400's do reset ERROROUT?

Thanks.
	-Kevin  (kevina@latcs1.oz)

davidb@brac.inmos.co.uk (David Boreham) (10/15/90)

In article <8972@latcs1.oz.au> kevin@latcs1.oz.au (Kevin James Bertram) writes:

>I ask this because my experience says it doesn't. At least with the T8's
>and T414's. BUT T400 do clear their ERROROUT line on reset. So which is
>true? Is it luck that the T400's do reset ERROROUT?

Jumped the gun a bit on the previous reply. All new devices which have
breakpointing features (T225,415,400,805) DO reset the error flag
when the hardware is reset. Other devices (T800, T414, 222) DO not.

David Boreham, INMOS Limited | mail(uk): davidb@inmos.co.uk or ukc!inmos!davidb
Bristol,  England            |     (us): uunet!inmos.com!davidb
+44 454 616616 ex 547        | Internet: davidb@inmos.com

kevin@latcs1.oz.au (Kevin James Bertram) (10/16/90)

	It's been a week since I had asked if the ERROROUT signal
of the Transputer is cleared on reset. Unfortunatly there were no
answers. I'll rephrase the question in hope of an answer.

	Does a reset sequence clear the ERROROUT signal (appears on
pin 1D of a PGA package) and also the ERROR flag within the CPU?

The reset pulse that appears on pin 3E follows a low-high-low transistion
with a duration of about 300 ms. ERRORIN (if supplied on the chip) on pin
3D is low, ANALYSE is low (pin 2F). The CPU type can be anyone of the
Transputers available.

	-Kevin (kevin@latcs1.oz)