[comp.sys.transputer] 3L parallel compiler and link switch

HCFU@TWNCTU01.BITNET (Hsin Chia Fu) (11/07/90)

In the message  <9010091422.AA23544@theory.TN.CORNELL.edu>:

>>Refering to your questions about the 3L Parallel Fortran Compiler and
>>the Processor-Farming, I want to suggest two possible solutions:
>>(I'm not using Fortran, but 3L Parallel C; so it should work the same!)
>>
>>        1. Is there an C004-Linkswitch on your Transputerboard ?
>>                If so, the flood-fill-configurer will not work !
>>                He tries to boot a worker-task into the C004 and destroys
>>                the link-connection-programming. In this case, you have to
>>                use the static configurer instead. (If you have more
>>                questions about how to use the static configurer with
>>                master, worker and the frouter, please ask again!)
>>

>>These were my experiences with the 3L-flood-fill-configurer, so I hope this
>>helps.

I would like to see how to use the static configurer with master, worker
and the frouter.

In addition, any one out there would tell me the e-mail address or the
post address of the user service of 3L parallel C compilier.

Greeting and thanx in advance

H.C. Fu

Date sent:  7-NOV-1990 08:05:38
Professor H.C. Fu                 Bitnet: hcfu@twnctu01.bitnet
Dept. of Computer Engineering   Internet: hcfu%twnctu01.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Chiao-Tung University     Voice: 886-35-712121
Hsinchu, Taiwan, 30050               Fax: 886-35-724176
Republic of China

dzahar@latcs1.oz.au (Dzaharudin Mansor) (11/08/90)

In article <9011070012.AA15668@theory.TN.CORNELL.EDU>, HCFU@TWNCTU01.BITNET (Hsin Chia Fu) writes:

     ..... deleted ........

> I would like to see how to use the static configurer with master, worker
> and the frouter.

	The 3L Parallel Fotran manual has a pretty good example
	that could start you off.

> In addition, any one out there would tell me the e-mail address or the
> post address of the user service of 3L parallel C compilier.

	In my previous problem, 3L has been helpful.
	Try Marion at the following e-mail address:
	     mmp%threel.co.uk@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk

-dzahar-