[comp.sys.transputer] Compiler put on server

K312240@AEARN.BITNET (Klaus Kusche) (12/04/90)

Dear Transputer Mailing List:

For those of you who can't FTP and didn't receive the compiler when it
was mailed on the list, I've put it onto a file server. Send a mail
to "LISTSERV@AEARN.BITNET" (same node as myself, but username LISTSERV)
with the first line of the body saying
GET OCCAM UNIX ACPC
If you can send interactive messages on BITNET, you may try
TELL LISTSERV AT AEARN GET OCCAM UNIX ACPC

I've put all four parts in a single file.
Unfortunately, this is the version where all | (vertical bar)
mutated into : (colon). If somebody sends me a corrected version,
I will install it.

Enjoy!

P.S.: This is an *internal* fileserver not intended for public use.
I decided not to ask the authorities too much...
So please behave well and report troubles (after waiting patiently
for a few days, lines are slow...) to *me*, not to the postmaster!

* Klaus Kusche                                                         *
* Research Institute for Symbolic Computation                          *
* Johannes Kepler University           Tel: +43 7236 3231 67           *
* A-4040 Linz                          Telex: (Austria) 22323 uni li a *
* Austria (Europe)                     Fax: +43 7236 3338 30           *
*                                                                      *
* Bitnet:           K312240@AEARN                                      *
* Arpa/CS/Internet: K312240%AEARN.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU               *
* UUCP:             mcsun!aearn.bitnet!K312240                         *
* Janet:            k312240@earn.aearn or k312240%aearn@earn-relay     *

> For those of you who can't FTP and didn't receive the compiler when it
> was mailed on the list, I've put it onto a file server. [ ...
>	... see earlier post for details (WGH) ]
>
> Unfortunately, this is the version where all | (vertical bar)
> mutated into : (colon).
>
> Enjoy!

 Sorry, but I am still not enjoying this.  I have fixed all the ':'
problems that my K&R C compiler can find, but the source code is still wrong.

 For example, decl.c has declarations and usage of sprintf that require it
to return char * (as if it returned the result string passed in as its first
argument).  But this appears to be wrong: my 'man' pages and my ANSI C guide
both say that sprintf returns an int.

 Was this compiler written for UNIX?  I am not convinced that anybody has
ever compiled or run it on UNIX or any other conventional implementation of C.

--
Bill Hutchison, DP Consultant	rutgers!cbmvax!burdvax!ubbpc!wgh (work)
Unisys UNIX Portation Center	uunet!eidolon!wgh (home)