[comp.sys.transputer] Transtech transputer

hara@qucis.queensu.CA (Susan Hara) (12/19/90)

Greetings,
     Is there anyone out there successfully using a Transtech
NT1000 multiple board system?  I'd be interested in chatting
with you.

<><> Susan Hara
<><> Queen`s University                  Phone : (613) 545-6784
<><> Computing and Information Science   Fax   : (613) 545-6513
<><> Kingston, Ontario, Canada
<><>                                     email : hara@qucis.queensu.ca

Geoff.Parkin@newcastle.ac.uk (12/19/90)

I have just bought a Transtech MCP500 board with 8 T800's which sits in an
external VME (6U) box on the back of a SUN Sparcstation 1+. I don't know how
close this is to the NT1000 board. I have only done some benchmark tests so
far, but hope to be porting existing finite-difference models onto it soon.
(written in FORTRAN, using Genesys II operating system).

I would certainly be interested in comparing notes if this system is similar
to yours (I should also have access soon to a Meiko Cstools-based system, which
I intend to comapare with the Transtech system).

Geoff Parkin                                EMAIL: geoff.parkin@uk.ac.newcastle
Water Resource Systems Research Unit        TEL:   (uk) 091-2226329
Dept. of Civil Engineering                  FAX:   (uk) 091-2226669
University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE1 7RU

levene@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Robert A. Levene) (12/20/90)

In article <1027@quibble.queensu.CA> hara@qucis.queensu.CA (Susan Hara) writes:
>Greetings,
>     Is there anyone out there successfully using a Transtech
>NT1000 multiple board system?  I'd be interested in chatting
>with you.

My group is bringing one up to speed now.  The primary problem so
far is Transtech's annoying habit of misspelling words like
"behaviour" [sic]  "colour" [sic]  ( :-) just kidding )

I recommend that the chatting be done via posting, as the volume is
the group is not high, and it's likely that others will probably benefit
from the answers.

Are any gurus from Transtech on the net?

- Rob

--
Robert A. Levene     Internet: levene@aplcomm.jhuapl.edu   Bitnet: RXL1@APLVM

Disclaimer: I speak neither for my race, my culture, my country, my religion,
            my political party, nor my employer, but for me alone.

pth@transt.UUCP (Paul Hudson, Systems Software Manager) (12/20/90)

    Are any gurus from Transtech on the net?

Yep. ;-)

We're here (on the transputer mailing list, anyway). I'd be happy to join
in in the discussions.

    _/  Paul Hudson - Systems Software Manager	EMAIL: pth@transtech.co.uk,
  _/_/  Transtech Devices Ltd, 	  		       ..!ukc!transt!pth
 _/_/_/ Unit 17, Manor Court Yard,		VOICE: +44 494 464303
  _/_/  Hughenden Avenue, High Wycombe,     	  FAX: +44 494 463686
   _/   Bucks. HP13 6RE			        TELEX: 838844